1.2 Identify career opportunities in accounting and related fields
1) By taking accounting classes, the student is learning the “language of business.”
2) To manage a business effectively, an owner or manager would benefit greatly from having some knowledge of accounting.
3) Which of the following is NOT a reason to study accounting?
A) A student will become aware of ethics in business.
B) A student will learn the language of business.
C) A student will better his or her math skills.
D) A student will learn to analyze financial information.
4) In the accounting profession there are several areas of expertise. Name the four main areas of expertise.
5) The accounting profession has several related fields. Identify and discuss the responsibilities of each field.