HS410-3: Compare the roles of governmental and nonprofit agencies in accreditation and licensure of healthcare organizations and professionals.
You are working for a community-based patient advocacy group. Your boss sends you an email asking for publicly available information that your organization can compile for consumers. Your boss wants to know about accrediting agencies and provider report cards that exist for various types of public and private healthcare institutions (hospitals, managed care plans, long-term care facilities, etc.).
Reply to your boss with a one to two page business email that gives an overview the impact of accreditation and report cards on your healthcare organization. Describe the types of accrediting agencies and provider report cards that currently exist. Be sure to include summaries/hot links of at least two accreditation agencies so that your boss can readily follow up on this information if she so chooses. In addition, include at least two provider report cards with at least one local/regional report card.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft Word (minimum 350 words) document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a cover sheet;
- be double-spaced;
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font;
- include correct citations
- be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
- include correct references at the bottom of the last page.
If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University Honor Code, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.