a. Ad Populum
b. Circular Reasoning
c. Appeal to Fear (Scare Tactic)
d. Straw Man
e. False Dilemma
f. Appeal to pity
1. Of course these are the best quality jeans! Everyone is buying them. How could everybody be wrong?
2. (An example from Descartes) God exists. How do I know this to be true? Because the bible says so. and how do I know the Bible is correct? Because the bible is the infallible word of God.
3. Of course I am opposed to raising taxes! I don’t want the government taking my enitre, hard-earned paycheck!
4. Either learn how to program a computer, or you won’t be able to get a decent job after college.
5. It is a good idea to clean your room. Otherwise, you’re grounded.
6. I deserve a new outfit from the mall. I have had a really bad day, and my boyfriend just broke up with me, and I am just feeling ugly.