1. Students are to research and prepare one actual and one potential nursing diagnosis for
ONE of the case scenarios below. You will have already completed this task forassessment task 2. Students are to be discouraged to use pain or weight loss as a as a nursing diagnosis as these are written up for them on the power points, and no marks will given for these. (18 marks). Students to print off SMART goals and example nursing care plan under resources on Moodle, session 1. Hand out to students the assessment resource which is a nursing care plan with SMART goals.
Case Scenario 1: 32 y/o Italian male no history of smoking married with two young children3 and 5y/o,. He has a diagnosis of Lung Cancer with Bone Metastasis. He is at home under palliative care with end stage disease process.He has been told to get his affairs in order as he now has a life expectation of approximately 1 month.
Case Scenario 2: 89 y/o Vietnamese female with advanced Dementia English as a second language. Big extended family She is at home under palliative care. She is a widow and lives with her son & his wife and 4 children. She has 5 children all married with families living in close proximity. She now has a fairly short life expectation. Possibly a few months
Case Scenario 3: Greek Orthodox 45y/o female breast Cancer 3 young children 9 month old, 3 y/o and 5 and a half year old old, 3 y/o and 5 and a half year old. Big extended family She is at home under palliative care with end stage disease process. She has been told to get her affairs in order as she now has a life expectancy of approximately 6 months
Case Scenario 4: 18y/o Australian Jew with muscular dystrophy only diagnosed in the last month He is at home under palliative care with end stage disease process. He has been told he now has a life expectation of approximately 6 months.
Case Scenario 5: 7y/o Islamic child ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia) stable. He is at home and has been placed under palliative care with end stage disease process. He and his family have been told he now has a limited life expectation of a few weeks.
He lives with his mother and father, and 2 siblings, a 5 year old and a 9 year old
2. Discuss the support and services that the client and their family will need at end-of-life and after death
3. Give a brief description of the seven stages of grief (approximately 100 words per stage). Students may want to use Kubler- Ross as a basis but are free to explore other research on the subject (approximately 100 words per stage).
4. Describe the condition you have chosen.
5. What tests can be done to detect your chosen condition?
6. What symptoms may your patient present with your specified condition?
7. What is the treatment for the condition?
8. What is the survival rate for a person in Australia that is diagnosed with the condition?
9. Discuss five alternative forms of pain management (not pharmacologic) and explain how they would help with your patient’s pain. Please include relevance of the treatment and how it works on the human body.