Auditing a Wireless Network and Planning for a Secure WLAN Solution
- What functions do these WLAN applications and tools perform on WLANs: airmon-ng, airodump- ng, aircrack-ng, and aireplay-ng?
- Why is it critical to use encryption techniques on a wireless LAN? Which encryption method is best for use on a WLAN (WEP, WPA, WPA2)?
- What security countermeasures can you enable on your wireless access point (WAP) as part of a layered security solution for WLAN implementations?
- Why is it so important for organizations, including homeowners, to properly secure their wireless network?
- What risks, threats, and vulnerabilities are prominent with WLAN infrastructures?
- What is the risk of logging onto access points in airports or other public places?
- Why is it important to have a wireless access policy and to conduct regular site surveys and audits?
- What is a risk of using your mobile cell phone or external WLAN as a WiFi connection point?