Assignment 1: Organizational Environment
Due Week 3 and worth 100 points
Choose a company in Fortune Magazine’s List of Best Places to Work located athttp://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/best-companies/. Choose a company in your state or a company that you would consider working for. Visit the company’s Website and other sources for information about how your selected company manages organizational behavior.
Write a 4-6 page paper in which you:
- Discuss the driving forces that shape the organizational environment of the company you selected. Include competing in a global environment, workforce diversity, ethics and character, and technological innovation.
- Examine the organization’s specific practices or policies and the influence of these practices on individual and organizational outcomes.
- Determine which practices related to work attitudes in U.S. organizations are most strongly affected by diversity and how those affects could be addressed.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate human behavior in organizations and the forces shaping the behavior.
- Analyze individual differences within organizations and their impact on organizational behavior.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in organizational behavior and leadership.
- Write clearly and concisely about organizational behavior using proper writing mechanics.
Clickhereto view the grading rubric for this assignment.