First, watch BOTH the Building Healthier Communities(Boston REACH Coalition video) and the Testimony to the Labor Health and Human Services Committee videos (Dr. Randy) located in the learning activities videos for this week.
Boston REACH Coalition video:
· Describe and explain two coalition concepts you learned and saw reinforced in the Boston REACH Coalition video. Use chapter 12 in the text to aid in identifying coalition concepts. Be specific in describing the concepts.
· Additionally, specifically describe the contributions of health disparities to morbidity (disease, illness) and mortality among the communities and groups of focus in the video. What contributes to these disparities? How can Boston REACH possibly improve these issues and why?
Testimony to the Labor Health and Human Services Video:
· Describe and specifically explain two advocacy concepts you learned and saw reinforced by watching Dr. Randy Paush’s testimony to the Labor Health and Human Services board. Use chapter 13 in your text to aid in identifying advocacy concepts.
· How can voluntary policies, local ordinances, state law and federal law (all considered system factors) affect health outcomes in target populations? Describe and support your response. Hint, review pp. 335-337 in your text.
· In addition to the text and videos, you are required to use at least TWO additional sources from government reports, peer-reviewed journal articles, additional textbooks.
· Use your OWN WORDS (e.g., do not cut and paste from a government report or article).
· Paraphrase (use your own words) to report the information.
· Include APA formatted in-text citations to identify your sources AND include full APA formatted references for your sources at the end of your post.
View at Train.org: The Intersections of Cultural Diversity, Health Policy Development and Policy Analysis. Three contact hours provided and certificate of attendance at the completion of the training. No Fee.Students can apply hours gained to COH 499 practicum hours. Retain the certificate of completion for later submission to COH 499. This training is not a graded portion of COH 430. Students will need to create an account and log in to take the training. Access the training: https://www.train.org/main/course/1012815/ (CLO 5, 6; PLO, 1, 3, 6)
View at Train.org: 8 Steps to Building and Sustaining Effective Coalitions. Two contact hours provided and certificate of attendance at the completion of the training. No Fee. Students can apply hours gained to COH 499 practicum hours. Retain the certificate of completion for later submission to COH 499. This training is not a graded portion of COH 430. Students will need to create an account and log in to take the training. Access the training: https://www.train.org/main/course/1045486/ (CLO 2; 7)