Describe how the Nurse Executive “leads the charge” for transformational leadership
Review Appendix A, Sections I–V in Finkelman (2016).
1. Select one of the sections and share how your chief nurse executive demonstrates expertise in these competencies. Your comments should be about the “highest nursing leader” in your organization. Typically this is the leader who represents nurses and nursing to the governing board.
2. In your own words, explain the differences between a transactional nursing leader and a transformational nursing leader. What one is more like your Nurse Executive?
3. Describe how the Nurse Executive “leads the charge” for transformational leadership in an organization where you work or have done prelicensure clinical experiences.
Reading for this week
Finkelman, A. (2016). Leadership and management for nurses: Core competencies for quality care (3rd ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
* Chapter 16: Evidence-based Practice and Management
* Appendix A: Nurse Executive Competencies
****please login to my student portal in university of nursing for the Finkelman e book my information is.