Develop a very brief (no more than 3 sentences) healthcare scenario consistent with the selected concept
Description of the Assignment
This assignment requires the student to develop a learning activity that fosters critical thinking in future learners. For each of the identified areas, the student will develop a question that applies information from pathophysiology, pharmacology, and physical assessment.
Criteria for Content
1. Select a concept: From the required textbook (Giddens, 2017), select ONE concept from any of the following units.
• Homeostasis and regulation
• Sexuality and reproduction
• Protection and movement
2. Select a learner type: From the list below, select a type of learner. A description of the learner is required.
a. Nursing student enrolled in a prelicensure program; need to identify where the student is in the curriculum
b. Staff nurse working in a healthcare facility; need to identify range for years of experience and type of healthcare facility (i.e., hospital, clinic, public health department, etc.)
3. Using the provided template while considering the selected concept and learner type:
a. Develop a very brief (no more than 3 sentences) healthcare scenario consistent with the selected concept
b. Develop a Socratic-style question useful for the selected learner type related to:
iii. Physical assessment
c. A question for each of the above areas is required for:
i. Problem recognition
ii. Clinical decision making
iv. Clinical intervention
4. All questions must demonstrate Socratic question format/style.
5. Answer for each question must be provided. The brief answer accurately reflects and applies information related to each of the appropriate headings (pathophysiology, pharmacology, physical assessment) for the category (problem recognition, clinical decision making, prioritization, clinical intervention). References for the answer must be provided.
PREPARING THE ASSIGNMENT
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
1. The paper must use the template provided in Course Resources.
2. Information related to pathophysiology and physical assessment may come from Giddens (2017) with correct APA format citing.
3. Information related to pharmacology will need to come from current resources; none over 5 years.
4. The paper (excluding the title page and reference page) should be no longer than 3 pages. Points will be lost for not meeting these length requirements.
5. Title page and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual.
6. Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.