Discuss two (2) ways a nursing leader can impact or promote positive outcomes for the indicators chosen in the article.
These activities focus on the concept of healthcare outcomes and quality improvement. It can be referenced in Huber chapter 19 and ATI chapter 1.
By the end of this assignment, students will be able to:
Define key terms related to outcomes research and outcomes management.
Discuss the relevance of research findings for outcomes management.
Describe tools that a nurse can use in a quality improvement activity.
Describe current and future trends in the health care system relevant to nurse leaders’ responsibilities regarding health outcomes.
Discuss steps involved in outcomes management in clinical practice.
1. Visit the AHRQ website (www.ahrq.gov). Select a topic under the Health Care Information tab, and read an article for clinicians and providers.
2. Provide a brief overview of the article.
3. Identify the outcomes measured in the study as either patient-focused, provider-focused, or organization-focused outcome indicators, and justify your reason for the identification, i.e. provide a definition of the indicator.
4. Describe how research findings were used to identify the outcome indicators.
4. Discuss two (2) ways a nursing leader can impact or promote positive outcomes for the indicators chosen in the article.
5. Be sure to cite the article using current APA guidelines (which should include a doi link).