Week 4 Discussion
Fostering Collaboration Between Multiple Agencies
Proactive case managers advocate for clients using many forms of communication. Case managers may call agencies to establish contact. They may write e-mails to inquire about services. They may also make in-person visits to agencies. Case managers who establish open communication may find that their work with multiple agencies yields positive outcomes for their clients and aids in establishing effective service plans.
Case managers must develop strategies to communicate their clients’ needs to various agencies. Case managers can do this by advocating on behalf of their clients. This involves representing their clients’ situations in a manner that is sufficiently compelling to encourage multiple agencies to become involved and actively collaborate.
For this week’s Discussion, you explore ways in which case managers can foster collaboration among multiple agencies.
To Prepare for this Discussion:
- Review Chapter 5 of Case Management from an Empowerment Perspective: Guide for Health and Human Service Professionals. Consider the ideas about community and collaboration.
- Review the article, “Case Management and the Integration of Services: How Service Delivery Systems Shape Case Management.” Focus on the mechanisms of case management described.
- Review the media titled Georgia’s Case.
- Consider Georgia’s critical needs and what recommendations you might make as a case manager.
- Think about how you might coordinate services to develop Georgia’s service plan.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 a brief description of Georgia’s critical needs. Then provide three recommendations of appropriate services to meet those needs. Finally, explain how you might coordinate those services to develop an effective service plan for Georgia.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources. 300 words or less