Unit 2 – Individual Project
Suppose that there are two products: clothing and soda. Both Brazil and the United States produce each product. Brazil can produce 100,000 units of clothing per year and 50,000 cans of soda. The United States can produce 65,000 units of clothing per year and 250,000 cans of soda. Assume that costs remain constant. For this example, assume that the production possibility frontier (PPF) is a straight line for each country because no other data points are available or provided. Include a PPF graph for each country in your paper. Chapter 5 of the Suranovic text is a good reference for this task.Complete the following:What would be the production possibility frontiers for Brazil and the United States? Without trade, the United States produces AND CONSUMES 32,500 units of clothing and 125,000 cans of soda. Without trade, Brazil produces AND CONSUMES 50,000 units of clothing and 25,000 cans of soda. Denote these points on each COUNTRY’s production possibility frontier. Using what you have learned and any independent research you may conduct, which product should each country specialize in, and why? To assist in your thinking and discussion, additional questions to consider include:What is the labor-intensive good? What is the Marginal Rate of Transformation impact? What is the labor-abundant country? What is the capital-abundant country? Could trade help reduce poverty in Brazil and other developing countries?
In this project, you will be assigned the task to record money received for a school fundraiser and create an Excel spreadsheet to record your receipts.
- You will determine the funds received and use the text to column feature (concatenate, apply conditional formatting, sort and filter data).
- You will determine your analysis and use sorting and filtering data, conditional formatting, as well as subtotals.
To complete the assignment, perform the following steps:
- Open this Excel workbook titled “Fundraiser Receipt” and save the worksheet as “FirstInital_LastName_School expenses.xlsx.”
- Add a column to the right of the “Last Name” column and name as “Full Name.” Use the Concatenate function to join First Name and Last Name together split by a space.
- Click here for more information on how to use the concatenate function.
- Sort Columns C (C2:C21), using A-Z formatting.
- Using the Conditional Formatting, determine which students have provided over $50 for the fundraiser in Funds Received Column and also in Funds Pending Column.
- The conditional formatting function allows you to apply different formatting options to data that meets certain conditions.
- Click here for more information on how to use the conditional formatting function.
- Click on any cell in (A1:E22), and apply a design to your data: In the Styles group, select Format as Table and use a dark formatting option.
- At Total row (E22 and F22), provide a Sum for the Funds Raised and Funds Pending.
- Add the Title “College Fundraiser Project” by inserting blank lines. Change the font size of the title to 22, fill color with white background, darker 35%.
- Change the orientation to landscape.
- Name the worksheet “Fundraiser_Receipt_Solution.”
- Save the workbook. Close the workbook and then exit Excel.
Finally, submit your saved workbook by clicking the “Edit” button on this submission node.