PLEASE TYPE OUT ALL ANSWERS ON WORDPAD.
There are several different types of essays, but the three basic types are:
- Expository = to explain something, an idea, a point of view, or how to do something (process)
- Narrative = to tell a story
- Persuasive = to convince
List ideas, facts, or opinions for each of the topics below. Your brainstorming lists should correlate to the type of essay:
Identify which type of essay you are writing. Then create your brainstorming list. Finally, write your short essay (paragraph) using your brainstorming list.
1. The community has imposed a curfew of 10:00 P.M. for teenagers under 18, including weekends.
2. A neighbor doesn’t like your cat because he is only likes dogs.
3. Your best friend is going to buy a used car and you know it is not dependable.
4. There is a new shopping center being constructed very near your neighborhood.
5. Your parents expect you to attend college at a nearby community college.