In your role, as an advanced practice nurse, you will encounter several situations that will require your ability to make sound judgments and practice decisions for the safety and well-being of individuals, families, and communities. There may not be a clear cut answer of how to address the issue, but your ethical decision making must be based on evidenced based practice, and what is good, right, and beneficial for patients. You will encounter patients who do not hold your values, but you must remain professional and unbiased in the care you provide to all patients regardless of their sociodemographic and ethnic/racial background. You must be prepared to critically analyze ethical situations, and develop an appropriate plan of action. For this Assignment, you will review the literature and discover the various ethical dilemmas advanced practice nurses encounter and how these issues are typically addressed in your state.
· Review literature for moral/ethical issues encountered by advanced practice nurses in clinical practice.
· Select an article that was published within the last five years.
By Day 7
Write a two page paper that answers the following questions:
· Summarize the moral/ethical issue in the article (no more than 1 paragraph)
· Describe the moral and ethical dilemmas surrounding the issue
· Analyze the ethical issue and compare them to the State Health Laws and Regulations in your state (West Virginia)
· Outline the process of ethical decision making you would use to address this ethical dilemma
Include at least 3 references