Examine how advanced practice nurses can engage in community activism to limit further negative health impacts from Big Tobacco
TOPIC: The impact of health informatics on nursing practice.
· Each student should search the literature and select a topic related to nursing informatics to serve as the topic of your initial post for this discussion.
· The content of the initial posts will vary depending on the topic selected.
· As stated in course syllabus: extensive library work is expected. Students are expected to engage in heavy use of the available literature surrounding the topics in the course including texts, journals, and online information resources.
· Discuss the background and significance of the topic.
· Discuss the selected nursing informatics topic in relation to healthcare and the opportunities and challenges in healthcare and the benefits of the electronic health record on quality and safety in providing patient care.
· Each student will post an initial discussion post of 400- 500 words in the forum. Support your discussion with at least 1 references in APA style in the initial discussion post
· APA formatting with reference citations. References should be timely, published within the previous five (5) years.
· Use heading consistent with rubric for initial post.
· First person may be used.
Describe the key concepts underlying community activism and give examples of how each of these concepts applies to a specific context. Examine how advanced practice nurses can engage in community activism to limit further negative health impacts from Big Tobacco in their respective health communities.
Attached below is an additional resource, an article, that details various ways by which nursing professionals can engage in community activism.
Patient Advocacy and in the Community and Legislative Arena: