For months the Board of Education has received numerous complaints about the arrogance of the superintendent, who has succeeded in offending just about everyone. Now the Board has fired him and named you interim superintendent. You are expected to be a peacemaker and lead stakeholders to a more positive perception of the district. To that end, the Board has asked you to draft a general position statement that will eventually be incorporated into the district policy manual. This statement should comprise your understanding of and justification of
- effective organization leadership
- partnerships with various stakeholders
- sustained comprehensive educational reform
Interview at least two highly competent administrators that you know. (See section 6.20, page 179, in the APA manual.) Discuss with them the three items listed above and incorporate their responses into this assignment. In your position statement, present three sections labeled according to the bulleted items above. Your paper should exhibit content also
- The reading in the text (emphasizing but not limited to Part One)
- Accurately cite and reference at minimum four peer-reviewed sources.
- It should exemplify skillful writing, clarity, and strict adherence to APA guidelines.
- Please note that this paper should be 5-7 pages in length and not exceed 2500 words (excluding cover sheet, references and rubric).