Unit 1 Assignment 2:
The Importance of Annotating and Paraphrasing
You have completed the Paraphrasing Practice Exercise and examined useful research tools to locate peer-reviewed, full-text, journal articles in the Library. In this Assignment, you will evaluate and summarize your research-writing skills by writing a brief 3-page (900 words) paper. Construct your paper using the subheadings below. Review the grading rubric before beginning this Assignment.
Title your paper: “The Importance of Annotating and Paraphrasing”
● Results and Interpretation
What is the objective or purpose in practicing how to paraphrase properly and learning how to annotate?
Results and Interpretation
Explain how you will apply proper paraphrasing skills as you write annotated bibliographies and other papers throughout this course.
What value did annotating a peer-reviewed academic journal article bring to your own understanding of individual behavior and how will this advanced effectiveness in your management practice?
How would you assess your current skill level in paraphrasing and annotating?
Describe specific insights you gained in this learning activity.
What are some techniques or approaches that you will use in order to increase your competency in properly paraphrasing and annotating?
Note: Because this is a reflection paper, there is no need to cite sources and add a reference page to this paper.
● Your Assignment should have a cover sheet with the following information: Title of the paper, your name, course number and section number, and date.
● It must be a minimum of 3-pages (900 words) long (excluding title page)
● Your paper should include an introduction and conclusion.
● Be sure to include the criteria located in the Rubric below within your paper.
● It must be APA 6th edition formatted. Review the APA formats found in the Writing Center and utilize the APA Guidelines Summary found in Course Documents under Course Resources.