In this course, you will progressively work on a system implementation process in six stages:
- Week 1: System planning
- Week 2: System analysis
- Week 3: System selection
- Week 4: System implementation
- Week 5: User training and system mainten
You can use Internet resources, peer-reviewed journals, and reputable, published articles, and you may interview an executive of a healthcare facility that has implemented an electronic medical record system/electronic health record system or similar system to describe the six implementation steps.
In this week you will start with system planning complete a 3–5-page executive summary while considering the following components:
- Describe a fictional healthcare organization: type, size of staff, and amount and type of patients it is able to serve.
- Establish the need for a system.
- Set achievable goals and objectives.
- Allocate a budget.
- Identify a project manager (a fictitious name and title) and project team (fictitious names and titles).
- Determine whether to build in-house or acquire from outside, and support your decision with reasoning.
- Set a timeline for system implementation or project completion.
Complete the assignment in a 3–5-page Word document and name it SUO_HCM3008_W1_A3_yourinitials.
Submit it to the W1: Assignment 3 Dropbox by Tuesday, July 18, 2017.
Cite any sources in the APA format.