After carefully reading through the Module background readings, and the ORYX and CQI initiative, please answer the following questions by creating a PowerPoint presentation. You have been asked to assess an organization for priority quality improvement needs. In your PowerPoint:
- Define the health care organization you are discussing.
- Describe the priority quality assurance/quality improvement project you would undertake.
- Discuss why the activities you have selected would take precedence over any other quality assurance/quality improvement activity in the organization.
- Be sure to include your rationale for your choice.
- Please define the type of organization.
- Outline your points, and then explain them with your OWN added insight.
- Speaker’s notes are required.
- You must cite peer-reviewed articles as well as the background materials.
Crider, N. M., & Ulrich, E. (2016). Evaluation of organizations and systems. Evaluation of Health Care Quality for DNPs. In J. Hickey & C. Brosnan (eds) Evaluation of health care quality for DNPs. (127-142) New York: Springer Retrieved from Trident University Online Library.
Kim, R.H., Gaukler, G.M., & Won Lee, C. (2016). Improving healthcare quality: A technological and managerial innovation perspective. Technological Forecasting and Social Change. 133(b):373-78. Retrieved from Trident University Online Library
Morais, R. M. d., Somera, S. C., Goes, W. M., & Costa, A. L. (2016). Applicability of an assessment model for healthcare information systems in a public hospital. Journal of Information Systems and Technology Management, 13(3), 459.
Naessens, J. M., Van Such, M. B., Nesse, R. E., Dilling, J. A., Swensen, S. J., Thompson, K. M., … & Santrach, P. J. (2017). Looking under the streetlight? A framework for differentiating performance measures by level of care in a value-based payment environment. Academic Medicine, 92(7), 943.
Newman, M. W. (2017). Integrated and collaborative care: Quality improvement in action. Psychiatric Annals, 47(7), 374.
van, d. H., Niemeijer, G. C., & Ronald J.M.M. Does. (2013). Measuring healthcare quality: The challenges. International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 26(3)269-78. Retrieved from Trident University Online Library
Yamasato, K., Tsai, P. J. S., Bartholomew, M., Durbin, M., Kimata, C., & Kaneshiro, B. (2016). Discrepancy between identification of early-term elective deliveries by manual chart review and data vendor. Hawai’i Journal of Medicine & Public Health, 75(12), 367.
Slabodkin, G. (2017). Joint Commission eases ORYX requirements for acute care hospitals. Health Data Management (Online).
Health and medicine – Quality of care; Researchers at Oregon State University describe findings in quality of care (what drives continuous improvement project success in healthcare?). (2017). Health & Medicine Week.