Prepare a paper (700 to 1,050 words) discussing the case and incorporating answers to the questions below. It is important to address each of the questions presented. CSU requires that students use the APA format in writing course papers. Therefore, the APA rules for formatting, quoting, paraphrasing, citing, and listing of sources are to be followed. The Reference List is not included in the required paper length. Your paper must contain at least five references, which may include your course textbook, internet sources, books, and professional journals or other appropriate resources. Please do not copy or plagiarize others materials. All papers are electronically scanned by TurnItIn. Significant deduction of points may result when copying and plagiarism is evident.
Read the attached case “Avon Calls on Foreign Markets” at the end of Chapter 16 in your course textbook. Incorporate into your analysis responses to the following questions. You should make sure to incorporate core concepts from your reading assignment.
1. Your reading assignment for this unit describes different marketing orientations. Discuss the applicability of each to Avon’s global operations.
2. Why is Avon so much more dependent on its foreign operations than on its home ( U.S.) operations?
3. Discuss socioeconomic and demographic changes that could affect Avon.
4. How might a global recession, such as the one that began in 2008, impact Avon’s operations?
5. What are the major competitive advantages that Avon has? How easily might other companies duplicate these advantages?
6. Avon does not sell within the United States in retail establishments (with the exceptions of kiosks handled by some of its reps). What are the pros and cons of distributing that way?
7. If you were advising Avon on the selection of new suppliers, what would be your major concerns as you evaluate firms that are potential suppliers? What criteria should the company use to make decisions on where to manufacture their products?
8. Identify the challenges Avon faces in both maintaining and expanding its global manufacturing and supply chain network given the dynamics of today’s competitive environment.