In this assignment, you are to design a network to incorporate and secure both the Chicago and Denver networks. This is a top-level network design updating the current designs provided. There is a separate design for the current Bering (Chicago) and Unicorp (Denver) sites and you will need to integrate and secure both sites. You will use the following two drawings:
Module01NetworkDiagramChicago.zipModule01NetworkDiagramDenver.zipFor each network, you will need to add firewalls, routers and connectivity to the internet for site-to-site communications. Assume you have the funds and abilities to add any security measures that you may feel is needed.
For your project, you will submit a design proposal in which you:
- Use Microsoft Visio to design a network diagram, particularly with defense in depth in mind which depicts how you will connect and secure the Chicago and Denver networks.
- Indicate the following on your drawings:
- The location of databases. Denver has several databases (customer, product, employee, payroll and manufacturing). Indicate which of these you would consolidate in Chicago and which database or databases would remain in multiple locations (you can assume databases in multiple locations would be synchronized). Explain your decision.
- All network devices used (routers, switches, hubs, firewalls, VPNs, and / or others)
- The interconnections between network devices.
- The end user (client) devices (desktops, laptops, mobile devices)
- The internet cloud, generically, to represent your network’s interface to the Internet
- Briefly describe how your network design provides multiple layers of security in a word document.
- Notes on submission:
- Insert the Visio diagrams into the body of your design proposal so that THEY are active and editable. You should not be using screenshots.
- Focus on routers, switches, firewalls, hubs, and interfaces between devices. Do not add wireless connectivity.
- Your analysis should use professional tone and vocabulary, APA format, and proper spelling and grammar.