Subject: ITS-834: Emerging Threats & Countermeasures
M. Ioannou, E. Stavrou and M. Bada, “Cybersecurity Culture in Computer Security Incident Response Teams: Investigating difficulties in communication & coordination,” 2019 International Conference on Cyber Security & Protection of Digital Services (Cyber Security), 2019, 1-4. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8885240
J. Mendonça, W. Medeiros, E. Andrade, R. Maciel, P. Maciel and R. Lima, “Evaluating Database Replication Mechanisms for Disaster Recovery in Cloud Environments,” 2019 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC), Bari, Italy, 2019, pp. 2358-2363. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8914069
M. Zeybek, E. N. Yılmaz and İ. Alper Doğru, “A Study on Security Awareness in Mobile Devices,” 2019 1st International Informatics and Software Engineering Conference (UBMYK), Ankara, Turkey, 2019, 1-6. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8965476
Textbook Title: (ISC)2 CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide ISBN: 9781119475958, Authors: Mike Chapple, James Michael Stewart, Darril Gibson, Publisher: John Wiley & Sons, Publication Date: 2018-04-10
Discussion: Web Server Auditing
Word count: 300+ words
Chapters 17, and 18 in the course textbook
Web server auditing can go a long way in enforcing tighter security and ensuring business continuity. The power of log data is tremendous. Web server logs record valuable information pertaining to usage, errors, and other important security events. Using a specialized auditing tool can be extremely helpful during the audit of web servers. In your discussion this week, please discuss the methods of identifying weak web server configurations and how to mitigate them for a secure web server. Possible concepts to include are SSL certificates, HTTPS usage, attack surface, SQL injection, vulnerability migration, and least privilege. In at least one of your peer responses, provide an overview of how to audit the web server’s security and implement best practices.
– Make sure to back up your statements with scholarly support.·
– Please cite properly in APA 7·
– At least one scholarly source should be used. ·
– Use proper citations and references in your post.
Final Research Project:
Number of pages: 6+
Develop a disaster recovery plan for an organization. There are many different templates available online for you to use as reference and guidance. Your plan should cover the following sections (these sections detail the elements in a DR plan in the sequence defined by industry compliance standards ISO 27031 and ISO 24762):
1. Important: This section should summarize key action steps (such as where to assemble employees if forced to evacuate the building) and list key contacts with contact information for ease of authorizing and launching the plan.
3. Roles and Responsibilities
4. Incident Response
5. Plan Activation
6. Document History
Your poject should meet the following requirements:·
– 6+ pages in length, not including the required cover page and reference page.·
– Follow APA 7 guidelines.
– Your paper should include an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.·
– Support your answers with the readings from the course and at least four scholarly journal articles to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook.
– Be clearly and well-written, concise, and logical, using excellent grammar and style techniques. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing.
Note: plagiarism check required, APA7 format, include References, within 8hrsThis post has 2 individual assignments (discussion, and Final research project).
Please provide answers in separate documents.