Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read the Five Ways to Improve Your Wireless Security (Links to an external site.)and Network Design Manual: Designing and Building the Best Small Office Network From the Ground Up (Links to an external site.) online articles, and review any relevant information in this week’s lecture.
The president of your company would like to deploy a wireless networking solution at the company’s headquarters to help improve productivity. He understands the benefits of wireless networking, but he has reservations due to the potential security risks. He reaches out to you, the company’s knowledgeable networking administrator, for advice. In your initial post, explain the different types of wireless security options, including the protocols and encryption levels necessary. Provide an evaluation of the security differences between the security options. Explain any risks or other technical considerations of which the president should be aware. Propose a wireless solution for the company, supporting your recommendations with evidence from the readings.
should be a minimum of 300 words.
Components and Topologies of a Client/Server Network
Prior to beginning work on this assignment read Chapters 4 and 5 in the text book as well as the Breeding online resource (Links to an external site.), and review any relevant information in this week’s lecture.
For this assignment you will take on the role of an interviewee for an IT network admin position. As part of the interview process, you are provided with the following scenario and tasks to complete.
A group of four friends has been working out of a garage with a unique business model that has caught the eye of a venture capitalist. They are now ready to expand into a more appropriate two story building and hire more employees. You have been hired as a consultant by the group to explain their network needs based on their expanding business partners and customers. Apply standard principles of design to implement a plan to build them a network to keep them connected internally. The company will start off with 25 employees and will need plenty of room for growth. The network will require the following six elements.
- Network to support data, voice, power, and video
- LAN and WLAN with latest encryption and security protocols
- Local file and printing services
- Access to a cloud vendor for applications and data storage capabilities
- Workstations will be a mix of Windows and Macs
- Servers will be a mix of Windows and Linux
Research a minimum of two professional sources on this topic. (Access the MISM Credible Resource Guide for assistance with finding appropriate credible professional resources.) As part of your process, you will evaluate the given requirements. Apply your network technical knowledge to the project explain the network topology that best fits the scenario. You will create a high level network diagram to show the layout of the specified requirements. Beneath your diagram provide a written discussion of the network diagram explaining your logic and thought process for the design. Explain how your choices will help your client’s business efficiency and growth. Support your statements with evidence from the required resources and at least two additional professional sources.
- Must be three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two professional sources in addition to the required resources.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.