Minorities have experienced an unpredictable history in the United States, with some eventually becoming part of the mainstream while others continuing to exist in the margins of society. Using your knowledge from previous chapters in the textbook that discussed minority groups, compare the various experiences and acceptance of those groups by 1840. Consider the following minority groups as you respond, and include an analysis of at least two groups.
- Irish, German, Scottish
- African-Americans; free blacks and slaves
- American Indians
- Create a presentation: You may use Prezi, PowerPoint, video, or other presentation format. Your slide presentation must be six to eight slides in length, not including the required References slide. Other formats such as video must be 3-4 minutes in length including the required References section/frame.
- Follow Good Design Principles:
- Each slide/frame must include text or audio narration and at least one image. (You must have at least six to eight images total. Remember that images need to be cited! Be careful about copyright rules when finding images on the internet. Images must be in the public domain. Wikimedia Commons, Creative Commons, or a Google search on “public domain [name of subject matter]” can be useful.)
- Follow good design principles.
- Generate Solid, Logical Content:
- The presentation should lead the viewer through the information in sequential order with transitions of some type making a cohesive presentation.
- Include a three-page transcript to accompany the presentation. Information must be thoroughly covered in the submitted document, without requiring supplemental documents. That is, all information must be conveyed clearly and completely in the slide presentation, without a formal presentation or speech accompanying the slides.
- include an introduction and thesis statement, a body, a conclusion, and a references slide.
- Do not rely on personal or published opinions that denote value. All information presented must be backed with scholarly, peer-reviewed references.
- Use Credible Sources: You should incorporate a minimum of two credible, academic sources, not including the course textbook. Please use at least one primary source from those primary sources identified in the syllabus. These sources must be referenced on the required References slide/frame.