Checklist before writing an argumentative essay for the class:
- Is your response primarily based upon the material provided for the class? Always read your course material to develop your answer and cite all work that is not your original idea.
- Do you have a proper thesis statement outlining your main argument in the first paragraph? In-text citations? Reference page labeled “References”?
- The response should be divided into separate paragraphs. Do not write the response in single paragraph form.
- Have you downloaded “Grammarly” and installed it onto your word processing program such as Word? Make sure to turn it on to highlight writing issues.
- Refrain from using too many direct quotes in your response. Stick to only one quote per page. The response should be a reflection of your analytical ability and not merely a collection of direct quotes from the book or any other material.
Chapter 4 Assignment Questions:
- The film Control Room insinuates bias exists within media organizations. Is this true? Explain your answer thoroughly by drawing upon examples from the film and the textbook.