1) Select one aspect of your own culture from the list provided for Part I. Be sure to review the relevant sections of the textbook for each topic. Once you’ve made your selection, please delete all other options.
Courtship and Marriage
Rites of passage
2) Select a source to use for Part I of the paper. You will be using your textbook and the article by Miner for this section as well, but for this assignment, include the source you found on your own. Review the tutorial on Evaluating sources.
Reference entry in APA format:
3) Select one article from the list for Part II. Once you’ve made your selection, please delete all other options.
Atran, S. (2003). Genesis of suicide terrorism. Science, 299(5612), 1534-1539. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database.
Becker. A. E. (2004). Television, disordered eating, and young women in Fiji: Negotiating body image and identity during rapid social change. Culture, Medicine & Psychiatry, 28(4), 533-559. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database.
Grey, S. (2008). Historical roots, contemporary relevance: Explaining the persistence of polygyny in Sub-Saharan Africa. Undercurrent Journal, 5(3), 6-19. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database.
Hoodfar, H. (n.d.). The veil in their minds and on our heads: Veiling practices and Muslim women. Retrieved from http://www.umass.edu/wost/syllabi/spring06/hoodfar.pdf
Murphy, F. (2011). Archives of sorrow: An exploration of Australia’s stolen generations and their journey into the past. History and Anthropology, 22(4), 481-495. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database.
Tsuji, Y. (2011). Rites of passage to death and afterlife in Japan. Generations, 35(3), 28-33. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database
4) Summarize each of your sources.
Summary of your source for Part I (include one to two paragraphs). The text box will expand as you type.
Summary of your source for Part II (include one to two paragraphs). The text box will expand as you type.
5) Write a working thesis statement based on your sources. See this example.
Working Thesis Statement:
I HAVE ATTACHED A FLOW CHART AS TO HOW TO THE FLOW OF THE WORK SHEET.