Select one of the following clauses in the Constitutional Amendments:
- Unreasonable Searches Clause (4th Amendment)
- Double Jeopardy Clause (5th Amendment)
- Right to Counsel Clause (5th and 6th Amendment)
- Excessive Bail Clause (8th amendment)
1,250-1,500 Determine the Founding Fathers’ rationale for including the selected clause of the Amendment in the Bill of Rights.
- Review and then explain how the specific clause of the Amendment you selected above has been interpreted by the court system through case law and how the Amendment is applied today. Provide two key case examples. You may refer to the “Notable Cases of Criminal Procedure” document in the Class Resources.
Cite four to seven relevant scholarly sources in support of your content. Use only sources found at the GCU Library, government websites/legal case sites or those provided in Class Resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
The instructor will review and return your paper with comments. Address those comments for a final draft in Topic 4.