Organizations need to clearly identify risks before they become relative issues. Therefore, it is important for security professionals to comprehend what must be done to construct strategies that are considered to be proactive resources for analyzing and assessing cybersecurity threats before they become active issues.
In 750-1000words, select an area of the industry that you are interested in and create a hypothetical business. Refer to the “Business Profile Template” when completing this portion of the assignment. Define the business environment by making sure to:
- Describe the organization’s mission, objectives, stakeholders, and how it fits into the industry.
- Describe the main product, service offerings, and consumer base.
- Describe the main departments and their roles, including all major stakeholders.
- Describe the company’s information technology infrastructure to include hardware, software, networks, data centers, facilities, and related equipment used to develop, test, operate, monitor, manage, and/or support information technology services.
- Describe a common flow of information and decisions at the following levels within the organization: Executive, Business/Process, Implementation/Operations.
Then, in a Word document, begin implementing a cybersecurity framework. Refer to the “Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity,” located within the Course Materials, focusing specifically on “Table 2: Framework Core.” Make sure to:
- Align the hypothetical business to the NIST Cybersecurity Framework CSF
- Prioritize organizational efforts and business needs.
- Identify individual elements of cybersecurity risk (threats to and vulnerabilities of) and how to manage them.
- Describe how the organization incorporates privacy principles in relation to data collection, disclosure, and retention.
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
Refer to “Organizational Objectives and Priorities Scoring Guide,” prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.