Now that you have conceptualized your project, it is time to add more details to your project by incorporating time and cost estimates. Specifically, you will use ProjectLibre to create a work breakdown structure (WBS), a Gantt chart, and estimate the cost for various components of your project.
Prior to beginning work on this learning activity, review the assigned page ranges in Chapters 5 and 7 in your textbook. This week’s lecture will provide examples and additional information that may help you complete this learning activity. Note that this learning activity requires you to make up several components, including names and hourly salaries of your team members, duration of each task, and cost estimation of other items. Be sure to watch the Microsoft Project Tutorial—Understanding the Critical Path (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. to prepare for this activity.
- Open ProjectLibre, and start creating your work breakdown structure (WBS). Your work breakdown structure should have a minimum of five tasks with 12 subtasks in all.
- Once the WBS is complete, you will need to complete the timeline for your project (the Gantt chart). Creating the Gantt chart timeline and appropriate dependencies will show the overall timeline of the project. Some key steps are below. Please refer to the video sources in the required and recommended resource sections for additional assistance.
- If you have not already done so, indent the subtasks in your work breakdown structure.
- Assign an appropriate amount of time for each task and subtask.
- Assign task dependencies. Note some tasks can be done in parallel and other tasks may have a firm start date.
- Once the Gantt chart is complete, you will begin adding resources and cost to your project. Some key steps are listed below to assist you.
- Move to “Resource” option in ProjectLibre.
- Include real or fictitious names of project team members (create at least five) and their salary information.
- Add two to three other cost-bearing elements in your project plan (i.e., rental expense for a hotel conference room, purchasing an overhead projector, meal expense, etc.).
- Go back to the WBS layout in ProjectLibre. Add an additional column called “cost” so that you see the cost for each line item.
- Print a professional screen shot to share
- Format your screen and resize your columns so that all the columns are visible. Save your work, take a screen shot showing your WBS, cost for each task, and Gantt chart. Embed the screen shot in this discussion thread.
- To maintain continuity, reattach the screen shot of “Section 1: Project Overview” from Week 2’s Project Planning: Project Scope Management Interactive learning activity.
Guided Response: In this learning activity, you will act as an executive, the project sponsor, and/or the project team and review your classmates work. Review at least two of your peers’ work in its entirety and provide feedback. Does the work breakdown structure (WBS) contain logical grouping of all the tasks? Are you able to follow the sequence of events listed under WBS? Are the task dependencies clearly reflecting in the Gantt chart? Are the proposed time estimates reasonable? Is the cost captured for every line item in the project? Are the proposed cost estimation looks reasonable? What questions or clarifications are needed for this work to be complete? Is the work clear? Does it pass the airport test discussed in the Week 1 lecture?
Think of your own work. What have you learned by reviewing your classmates’ work that you can use to improve your own work? Note the final assignment in this course is to create a Project Management Training Manual, and in this assignment, you will be providing completed and updated example of the work you have submitted in these learning activities. If you see updates needed in your work, it is recommended that you make them now.
Your replies should be at least 100 words and add to the class’s body of knowledge. Initial replies need to be made early in the course week to provide suggestions feedback to other students in a timely manner. Continue to monitor the discussion forum until 5:00 p.m. on Day 7 and respond with robust dialogue to anyone who replies to your initial post.
CAREFULLY READ THIS ASSIGNMENT !!!!! YOU NEED THE PROGRAM TO COMPLETE THIS PROJECT. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT FOR FREE. BELOW I AM GOING TO ATTACH THE PORTFOLIO YOUR GONNA BE WORKING FROM TO COMPLETE THIS ASSIGNMENT.
THIS IS NOT AN ESSAY ASSIGNMENT ITS A PROGRAM ASSIGNMENT. READ MESSAGE ABOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!