You spent the last nine weeks learning about various aspects of an organization, its business functioning and the process of its strategic shift from a profit-only model to a triple bottom line model.
In the course, you learned to:
- Determine the impact of proposed strategic decisions across departments
- Assess current performance of an organization through analysis of financial statements
- Make ethically informed decisions based on awareness of legal and organizational parameters
Now, it’s time to reflect on what you’ve learned.
To complete this assignment:
- Identify three key topics from the course that you want to explore further. For example:
- How do various functional areas or departments individually and collectively contribute to the CSR outlook of a company?
- How can analyzing financial statements of a company help reveal its commitment toward CSR?
- How can a company become a frontrunner in making ethical choices while staying within legal restrictions?
- Apply the chosen three topics to re-evaluate the company you chose in Module One (you can consult the list of companies).
- Your re-evaluation should address one of the following considerations:
- Related to the topic, what was your first impression of the company you chose? What is your current impression of the company? How has it changed? Explain your reasoning.
- What drives the direction for the company in its sustainability efforts?
- What are the key features of the CSR efforts of the company?
- Do you believe the company has a sustainable approach to the triple bottom line?
- What are the critical financial, social responsibility, or ethical challenges facing the company in today’s global environment?
- Based on your evaluation, justify whether the company you chose in Module One deserves praise for its commitment to CSR.