A classic study in Criminal Justice is the Stanford Prison Experiment. This week you will conduct research on this classic study and submit your work as a PowerPoint presentation.
Research the Stanford Prison Experiment.
Create a 10 –12 slide PowerPoint presentation incorporating speaker notes to provide an overview of the following:
- Provide a brief review of the study.
- What was the purpose of the study (exploratory, descriptive, explanatory, evaluative, or a combination)? Justify your reasoning.
- Describe the sampling strategy and sampling technique.
- Describe the research design
- List four ethical principles or standards and discuss whether researchers were compliant with these principles.
- Evaluate the validity and reliability of this experiment. Explain your answer.
- Analyze whether the results can be generalized to another situation or population. Justify your reasoning.
The key to a successful project is to ensure that the presentation:
- Addresses all of the information requested (see bullet points above)
- Is “creative” in that it utilizes template, color, hyperlinks, pictures, and streaming video in support of your major premises
- Completed in PowerPoint (other formats will be scored a zero)
- APA style is utilized on the reference slide
- No large music files are included
- Outside research is evidenced. You will need a minimum of 4 sources
- USE ONLY ACADEMIC SOURCES: Use Google Scholar, JSTOR, textbooks, and/or .gov websites to keep the true academic sources in your papers. TURNITIN MUST BE UNDER 20%
- Free of spelling and other grammatical errors