Transportation and Distribution Management
SUBMIT EACH PART AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT
Part 1 – Transportation Regulation and Policy
Transportation has played a tremendous role in shaping the economy and social structure of the United States. Create a PowerPoint presentation that outlines what you consider to be the most significant regulations and policies that have had the impact on air, ground, rail, and ocean transportation. Provided at least 1 regulation and 1 policy per mode of transportation. Be sure to include the following:
4 paragraphs in stead of slides
a paragraph per topic
- Title slide
- Description of each regulation or policy
- Explanation as to what led to the creation of the regulation or policy
- Explanation of the regulation or policy’s impact on the mode of transportation
- Explanation of critical elements of the regulation or policy
- Citations and References according to APA format
Note: Complete speaker notes of 200–250 words for each slide.
Part 2 – Transportation’s Impact on the Environment, Society, and the Economy
You work for a popular consumer electronics company that ships cell phones from China to the United States. Complete the following for this assignment:
- Write a proposal of 600–800 words to the transportation director of your company about your recommendations for air and sea freight methods to deliver the phones.
- Explain the pros and cons of each method.
- List and describe any regulations, policies, or drawbacks of which the transportation director should be aware.
Part 3 – Distribution, Warehousing, and Inventory Functions
You work for a popular consumer electronics company that sells products such as cell phones, tablets, and personal computers. The director of operations has asked you to establish a warehousing operation for the reception and distribution of goods manufactured outside of the United States to the company’s primary install base located in North America. Sales of the company’s product are most significant in the Northeast and Western parts of the United States. Sales in North America also include products sold in Canada. Complete the following:
- Because this venture is a new endeavor for the company, you need to research the market and industry trends for warehousing.
- Write a white paper to report your findings and to give your recommendations about which warehousing activities and systems your business should employ.