This week, we will learn about trigonometric functions and trigonometry. Trigonometry is applicable in various areas such as engineering, landscaping, physics, and architecture. It can be applied to find the height of buildings and find angle measurements. As you can see, angles are everywhere, even on a clock!
The purpose of this week’s discussion is to research a website that provides information (including an application and an example) on one of the concepts listed below. Internet resources, ECPI Library resources, and your Precalculus textbook are all appropriate.
Hint: When performing a search via the Internet, input the words tutorial on _________ (type in the concept) in the search box of a search engine).
Make sure to review a few sites and don’t just choose the first one(s) that appear. Also, try to find reliable sites (e.g., those that end in edu, gov, etc. Under no circumstances should you copy and paste any content from a web reference.
- Sine θ
- Pythagorean Theorem
- Angle of Depression
- Inverse cosine function
- Angular Speed
- Cosine θ
- Unit Circle
- Reference and Co-Terminal Angles
- Secant θ
- Cosecant θ
- Tangent θ
- Angle of Elevation
- Inverse sine function
- Linear Speed
- Cotangent θ
In your original post, complete all of the following:
- Provide a summary (in your own words) of the specific trigonometry topic you researched.
- Create a unique example that covers your chosen topic and solve it for your peers.
- Create a similar problem for your peers to solve.
- Be sure to include the citation of your source in APA format.