Please answer each of the following questions in complete sentences.
- The unit discusses the importance of good posture, both while standing and sitting. What happens when you have good posture? Can you think of some potentially harmful effects that poor posture may have on your body? Briefly explain the effects that you come up with.
- The unit claims that you can increase the challenge of your workouts by using Newton’s first law of motion. We are given the example of running on sand or biking on gravel. What are some other ways that you can use Newton’s first law to create a more challenging workout? When you change the terrain, what is that force called?
- How would Newton’s second law of motion impact the fitness routine of someone who is significantly overweight? Is there any type of fitness activity that a significantly overweight person could do where Newton’s second law of motion would not be a factor?
- Body Mechanics are important for health and fitness, but they also impact sports performance. Paying close attention to how it feels when you are performing a movement can give you physical feedback about your body mechanics—this is called proprioception. How can teachers, trainers, or fellow sports participants help an athlete understand their body mechanics in motion to improve performance? Discuss one individual sport or activity and how others can assist a participant to improve body mechanics, and therefore, performance. You could use swimming, track and field, dance, tennis, or any other individual or dual fitness activity.
- Exercise is a healthy way to reduce stress that many people find helpful. What are some unhealthy methods that people may use to try to cope with high levels of stress? Why are these unhealthy stress-reduction attempts ultimately unsuccessful in lowering stress?